Select to view content in your preferred language

Transitioning from Classic to Slideshow with Express Maps

Jump to solution
12-21-2022 12:17 PM
Labels (2)
ChelseaGondeck
New Contributor

I'm trying to migrate information from a classic story map to ArcGIS StoryMaps - specifically a slideshow with separate express maps in each slide. I have full functionality to add points with a title, description, photo, etc. within one slide/express map, but as soon as I add a new slide and choose to add an express map I can no longer edit the prior map/slide except to delete points I had previously added or add new points but not be able to rename/add photo/description. This map is intended to show on-going developments and would need to be updated often so I'm not sure if this is just a glitch or perhaps not the best option to build my new story map in. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue has been fixed.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChelseaGondeck,

Thank you for making us aware of this issue. We are currently investigating the behavior you're describing and will let you know here of plans to implement a fix.

For the time being, I would recommend building a map in your ArcGIS Online organization, where you can come back and edit the layer and pop-ups over time, or use that express map if you aren't worried with making frequent edits to the pop-ups.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

Abby

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We plan to fix this issue Thursday evening. Please check back Friday morning and things should be working as expected again.

Owen Evans
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue has been fixed.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos