Themes to include Express Maps?

09-12-2020 04:02 PM
JudithKeefe
New Contributor

Will there be a way to involve the default settings for Express Maps with the Themes addition? I would like to be able to have the same symbol set as other maps in my express maps.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Judith -- We are looking at adding the express map/guided tour basemap to the things you can specify in a theme. Can you provide a little more information about what you mean by symbol set?

Note that the express map symbol colors will be set by the accent colors you specify in a theme, but there aren't currently any symbol options you can set for express maps.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JudithKeefe
New Contributor

Ok, the second part of your response addressed what I was getting at. I would hope to be able to import a layer file or set of favourites from ArcPro to be able to assign in an express map.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Judith -- Thanks for the additional information. The capabilities you mentioned are available with web maps. Can you let us know why you'd also need to do that type of thing in an express map?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JudithKeefe
New Contributor

Mostly the way the express map operates to select places allows for creation of a map from a list of addresses, where web maps do but it is more clunky. If some finishing touches were able to be made to have even a few different colours of place markers to differentiate types it would stand out as a captivating end result that much more.

0 Kudos