Survey123 backgroud color lost when inserted in storymap

Jump to solution
09-23-2020 01:47 AM
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I embedded a survey123 in my storymap (the new storymaps) and changed it's color background so it can highlight in the white storymap background. 

However, when in the storymap the survey123 background lost his theme configurations and the background turns white.

In the link, when opening in another window, I can see the theme is hiden

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/?open=web&embed=fullScreen&id=1a...4e&hide=navbar,footer,theme 

How can I remove "theme" from that hide parameter so I can see in the storymap the look I defined in my survey?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Luís Manuel Baptista‌ - Try using iframe code instead of just a link. To optimize the embed experience some URL parameters may be added or stripped when adding content via a URL, but if you use an iframe and include at least one parameter, all parameters should be honored.

Specifically for Survey123, the story builder automatically removes the theme as well as the navbar and footer. If you want to keep the theme, but hide the other two things, you can use this code:

<iframe src="YOUR-SURVEY-123-LINK&hide=navbar,footer"></iframe>‍

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Luís Manuel Baptista‌ - Try using iframe code instead of just a link. To optimize the embed experience some URL parameters may be added or stripped when adding content via a URL, but if you use an iframe and include at least one parameter, all parameters should be honored.

Specifically for Survey123, the story builder automatically removes the theme as well as the navbar and footer. If you want to keep the theme, but hide the other two things, you can use this code:

<iframe src="YOUR-SURVEY-123-LINK&hide=navbar,footer"></iframe>‍

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps