Storymaps embed options do not work

08-11-2021 07:57 AM
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

I've been using the Embed media item to add pdf's to a storymap. However, after adding the content and clicking on the cog/settings icon to open the Embed options, I am unable to save any changes to the embed options. The save button is greyed out. Is this expected behaviour?

DataOfficer_0-1628693822700.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@DataOfficer -- I'm sorry you are having an issue setting embed options. I just did some testing and I'm unable to reproduce the problem. Is this an issue on all embeds or just this one? What about embeds in other stories?

If it's only this one, you should be able to get around this by deleting the current embed and adding a new one with the same link.

If the problem persists, please contact Esri Tech Support and they will be able to help you troubleshoot further.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
DataOfficer

@OwenGeo I tried it on multiple embeds and the same problem each time. I've not yet tested in other stories but will do. I have tried deleting the problem embeds and recreating them but the same problem each time.

Kind regards,
Rob

0 Kudos
AllysonReynolds
New Contributor III

I think I am experiencing the same issue. The embedded content works fine but when I try to set the "Alternative image for small screens", it won't let me save the image I try to upload. 

Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

-Ally

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Hi,
I raised this as a support case with ESRI and it was logged as BUG-000142336.

The workaround identified was:

Publish PDF and Story map for Public use
Copy URL
Add Embedded Content
Select Card and scroll to Custom Card Details towards the bottom - toggle on
Enter text into the Title box - the save option should now be shown as available
Scroll up and Toggle on Image
Upload Image and click Save
Publish Story map and view on small screen

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

We're looking at some improvements to how PDFs work are are displayed in StoryMaps. We hope to release these sometime in the next two months.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps