Storymaps 404 with redirect loop

Jump to solution
07-06-2021 05:46 AM
MatthewJWood
New Contributor II

Hi - apologies for reposting this here but we felt it might be more likely to be answered on the dedicated story maps community:

We have an issue with our newly upgraded install of portal (10.7.1 - 10.8.1) where the storymaps app seems to be stuck in a loop where it tries to sign in.

Clicking the /Home story maps link gives:

https://prod.[our-on-premise-portal].net/portal//apps/storymaps/

which then redirects to the oauth-callback route

typically I see:

https://prod.[our-on-premise-portal].net/portal//apps/storymaps/oauth-callback?returnURL=%2Fportal%2...

The web server returns a 404 response and then seems to reload the callback URL which then 404s and callsback and so on.....

I have tried:

Comparing the files deployed into the storymaps app folder with another 10.8.1 install to make sure it's all there (it is)

Tinkering with the URLs (removing the web adaptor from the equation - manually constructing / modifying URLs) no luck

Looking at the config file - hacking around with the web.inf (getting pretty desperate)

Any ideas on what might cause this problem / how to fix it? - I want to avoid reinstalling the portal application if possible

Thanks

Matt

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MatthewJWood -- The best way to get help troubleshooting a specific issue with Enterprise like this would be to contact Esri Technical Support. They are best equipped to look through your portal configuration and assist.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MatthewJWood -- The best way to get help troubleshooting a specific issue with Enterprise like this would be to contact Esri Technical Support. They are best equipped to look through your portal configuration and assist.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
ChristianStern
New Contributor III

Hi Matthew,

how did you solve this problem finally? What was the solution the technical support came up with? I am facing a similar issue with an oauth-loop for logins to StoryMaps in Portal 10.9.1. Maybe I could get a hint from your solution.

Best wishes
Christian

0 Kudos