StoryMap Publish Changes Error

Jump to solution
12-29-2020 07:18 AM
TaraMurphy
New Contributor

Hi

I've been working on a StoryMap for the last few months via google chrome with minimal loading errors. Today 12/29/20 I am consistently receiving this error when publishing new changes: "Hmm... there seems to be an issue.The story can’t be loaded."

I have closed out the window, logged out, and logged back in only to receive the same window. Any guidance?

Thanks!

13 Replies
MichaelCamponovoUTK
New Contributor

Like @KatyAppleton1 my students are working remotely so it's difficult to get all the specifics you list. We created a help ticket with ESRI Support and they were not able to solve the problem. The student is recreating her story map and we are taking the following precautions.

• She is starting from scratch and adding each section to her story map and all the text/links
  • She is then duplicating the story map and adding the pictures
  • She is then duplicating the story map and adding the interactive maps
  • Shen is then duplicating the story map to add the remaining media

Hopefully this way she won't lose all her work again if/when it breaks.

0 Kudos
CindyHamfler3
New Contributor II

I replicated my problem last Thursday while re-making one of the Storymaps that had stopped working for me back in March.  In my case, I really think it has to do with some of the videos I am using (some were rather large) and impatience waiting for them to load.  I think I clicked other buttons before the videos were completely uploaded and that's when my re-made storymap also stopped working.  I successfully have all the videos (I shortened several) loaded into a storymap now that is behaving- I made sure to let each video upload and did not touch anything until they were all completely done.  Luckily, my text is copy and paste from here. @OwenGeo - I did get an Esri support case open and appreciate the helpfulness of the employee helping me and your presence here on GeoNet!  I'm also really liking the very recent improvements- already applied my custom theme to my story collection!!

AlfonsodelaVega
New Contributor II

I have the same problem. I don't know if I caused by videos linking from.vimeo or an embed report from PowerBi. What was the answer from Esri support?  Thanks

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CindyHamfler3 -- Thank you for working to provide the information to reproduce this issue in your case. We'll be looking into this more as we get more information.

Glad you are enjoying the recent updates!!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos