Storymap - Multiple Headings

Jump to solution
10-08-2020 01:34 PM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible to have multiple sections of headings in a story map? 

I would like to have a heading for major sections. I would then like to have what would be subheadings that one can click on and zoom too like the headings of major sections. 

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ricky -- Thanks for your question. That's not currently supported in ArcGIS StoryMaps and there aren't any specific plans for it at the moment.

I'd suggest that you submit this as an idea on the ArcGIS Ideas site so others can vote for it to register their support for this feature request. It would be helpful to expand on your idea a bit and describe your thoughts on how you'd expect the links to be displayed.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ricky -- Thanks for your question. That's not currently supported in ArcGIS StoryMaps and there aren't any specific plans for it at the moment.

I'd suggest that you submit this as an idea on the ArcGIS Ideas site so others can vote for it to register their support for this feature request. It would be helpful to expand on your idea a bit and describe your thoughts on how you'd expect the links to be displayed.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
Powers_Erin
New Contributor

I also was trying to do this in my story map - so frustrating that there's no way to do this! 

0 Kudos
MårtenMogren
New Contributor III

I've had the same issue. And found a solution - not in StoryMap - but at least in an ESRI product: Experience builder, using the menu widget and embedding the storymaps in the experience.

Here's a test that I put together (not the actual experience that I'm working on):  https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/c265b7f418904b8ebcff8918ff82386b

It's not flawless, I have an bug reported (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder/folder-in-menu-widget/td-p/58449) but hopefully it will be alright soon.

But It would be great it there would be a solution to this in the StoryMap platform. 

0 Kudos