Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps not loading

Jump to solution
05-02-2023 11:32 AM
NancyMontes_de_Soto
New Contributor

I am getting a blank page when I am trying to open several of my story maps. I created the story maps long ago, and in the past I had seen a sad face sometimes, but this time I am getting a blank page. I refreshed the page several times and that worked some times but not others. I am using Google Chrome. But I also tried in Microsoft Edge and Firebox - same issue. They were working fine a couple of week ago. Any help?

Tags (1)
81 Replies
km188
by
New Contributor

I am having the same issue June 13 - I get a blank page when trying to view my Storymap.

0 Kudos
CarlosAvila-Mata
New Contributor

@OwenGeo, I am having a similar issue with a publicly shared story map I recently created. The StoryMap and its associated layers are all shared publicly. Several people have been able to open the story, but it all of a sudden has stopped loading on various devices and browsers. A white screen appears when you click on the link and it fails to load. I have provided a link of the story map below. 

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/94ff04d8875b4d24a587c7df63ec26b2

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CarlosAvila-Mata - I am not having an issue loading this story in any browser on several devices. Are you still seeing an issue? We did see a small uptick in error rates last Thursday when you reported this issue, but the issue was quickly resolved.

We believe this issue is resolved, but please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
TimJonker2
Emerging Contributor

@OwenGeo 
Dear Owen, I have the same behaviour of some (but important) Stories. An employee of ESRI Nederland also doesn't have any issues, but students, collegaes and other devices only show the white screen.
For example: 
De IJssel in 2120 (arcgis.com) 
When I'm logged-in I can view and edit, but as a visitor I can't. I hope you can help me,
Many thanks,
Tim Jonker

0 Kudos
LoreyStinton
Emerging Contributor

The StoryMaps I've tried to open today are not loading.  A tab opens, but the screen remains white/blank.  This is one of the StoryMaps I've tried to open: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/33d4ca0a837948feae27a0d5c73f2155

0 Kudos
JulieSwindler
New Contributor

We are having this issue (January 16, 2024) in a university course. The StoryMaps open just fine for most students, but not for a few of them. Trying different browsers did not work. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JulieSwindler -- I'm sorry some of your students experienced an issue earlier today. We reviewed our analytics and logs and didn't see anything out of the ordinary around the time you reported this. Since only some of your students experienced an issue, it is unlikely that this was a system issue. 

If the issue persists please contact Esri Technical Support.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MichaelW-HPI
New Contributor

Owen, what is the solution here? I have a story map that has been shared with a colleague and is only showing up as blank white page with a title. Let me know the best way to solve this or if it is a loading/script issue on their end. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MichaelW-HPI - There have been no system events in the past several days. Can you let us know when the problem occurred and if it's still occurring? You could ask your colleague to try to access the story with a different browser or different computer. Is it possible they are connected to a VPN that is blocking the content?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
CaseyConrad
New Contributor

I'm having this issue as well with this Storymap: Urban Displacement in Charleston, SC

StorymapError.jpg

0 Kudos