Story Map sharing Problem

Jump to solution
04-22-2021 02:04 PM
cindy647
New Contributor II

I am at a loss.  I shared a story map with everyone, all layers and web map are also shared with everyone, still when I share the link it is asking people to login..  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@cindy647 -- I did another test where I added your map to a few other ArcGIS web apps and I observed the same issue. Just trying to open the map in the map viewer when signed out also prompts for a log in. So this is not an issue with StoryMaps; there is something going on with your web map that needs to be addressed.

I think you'll need to contact Esri Technical Support or possibly someone in the ArcGIS Online Esri Community could help. You could also try creating a brand new map with the same layers and see if that gets around whatever the issue is with your current map.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

8 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@cindy647 - Sorry you're having an issue with your story prompting for login. If you share the link we can take a look.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
cindy647
New Contributor II

Many thanks.   

https://arcg.is/1a58990

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@cindy647 -- Looks like there's an odd URL being used for one of your basemap layers. I've never seen that before and don't know how it happened, but can you try this...

1. Change to another basemap
  2. Save the web map
  3. Switch back to the topo basemap
  4. Save again

Here's what is referenced in your map...

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.25.20 PM.jpg

Here's what it should look like...

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.24.40 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
cindy647
New Contributor II

so bizzare.  thank you very much and i will give this a try.

0 Kudos
cindy647
New Contributor II

I followed the 4 steps above, but it still is requiring a login.  I also then went ahead and changed to open street map grey canvas and saved the webmap that way, but it still is asking for a login.  

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@cindy647 -- I did another test where I added your map to a few other ArcGIS web apps and I observed the same issue. Just trying to open the map in the map viewer when signed out also prompts for a log in. So this is not an issue with StoryMaps; there is something going on with your web map that needs to be addressed.

I think you'll need to contact Esri Technical Support or possibly someone in the ArcGIS Online Esri Community could help. You could also try creating a brand new map with the same layers and see if that gets around whatever the issue is with your current map.

Owen Evans
cindy647
New Contributor II

Thank you again.  I will try making another map and see what i can do to make it work.  Good to know it is the map and not the story map.  again thanks

Cindy

0 Kudos
cindy647
New Contributor II

I went ahead and made a new map for the Storymap, and now it is working.  thanks!