Story Map Express map and map function not loading

11-27-2019 10:09 AM
MiaMassicotte
Occasional Contributor

I have been working for a few days trying to build a StoryMap using the new version (not the classic).  Today I was making progress building a rudimentary express map in a sidecar.  As I was working at this at some point I got "unexpected error" and I could no longer pull up the map in the window.  I could see vesitiges of it (a box with my map legend inside the frame) but the map itself was not loading in the frame. I tried the 'search' feature but nothing happen works.    I logged out, shut down, reloaded, etc. Still no map was loading in the frame.  

I deleted the chunk with the express map using the Remove Slide option. I copied the text chunks elsewhere so as not the lose them.  I then deleted the sidecar, expecting to be able to recreate it along with the sidecar without too much work.

However, now when I open this same StoryMap, the Express map function no longer works.  I can choose to add an Express map and the frame for it appears, but no basemap appears. The icons are greyed out. 

I can live without an express map in this StoryMap, but it also seems that the regular 'insert a map' function is not working.

My storymap isn't shared because its in development. It's located at https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e9d36398d22243d1aa6872bf6b59c7ab 

I'm loathe to have to recreate the content using the new StoryMap environment if this is known issue.  Everything was working properly in this Story Map until I started adding in the Express Map.

Is my experience unique, or has this situation been encountered by others using Express Maps? 

Mia

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
LauraLKlingman
New Contributor

Hi Rachel, 

I am having a similar problem with my StoryMap. I created a timeline in the sidecar and for each slide I have an express map with points that can be interacted with for more information about a battle. Now almost all of my express maps do not show. I did what you told the OP and I have a spinning cube. When I go under the console tab under developer tools I get an error that reads. 

9WARNING: Too many active WebGL contexts. Oldest context will be lost.
TileLayerView2D.js:15 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'requestUpdate' of null
at g.A.requestUpdate (TileLayerView2D.js:15)
at g.v._enqueueTileFetch (TileLayerView2D.js:36)

Is this because I have created 25 slides each with an express map?

Thank you for any assistance,

Laura Klingman

HannahGray
New Contributor II

Hi Rachel, 

I'm currently having this issue. I'm building a Story Map and am unable to insert maps, the "Place Map" option is greyed out. 

Any advice? I checked if WebGL is enabled and it is. 

Hannah

0 Kudos