Select to view content in your preferred language

Story map duplication won’t work

05-28-2024 01:51 PM
Labels (1)

I have created a story map and I want someone else from a different organisation to be able to copy the story map and then be able to edit it.

Although, I have shared publicly the story (and all maps linked to the story) and enabled the duplication option, when we try to duplicate the story from a different organisation we get an error message that says something along the lines “can’t duplicate the story now”. 

We also tried to establish a collaboration between the organisations and share the story to a common group, but we still can’t copy the story. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello - I'm sorry you are running into an issue duplicating a story.

Is it possible that the organizations are in different data storage regions (US vs, EU)? If so, duplication across regions is not permitted for security reasons. We are adding a specific error message for this case in tonight's software update. If you try again tomorrow you would see this new error if this applies to your situation.

If you still see the same error tomorrow, please contact Esri Support and they can help you troubleshoot your issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I am sure all organisations are in the same region (EU). What is concerning is that  we tried to duplicate different story maps from different accounts between organisations to test but we couldn’t copy the story maps. We couldn’t copy even story maps without map references.

0 Kudos