Spell Check Issues

Jump to solution
05-19-2022 11:27 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just started a new StoryMap, and it is not checking spelling for me. I've tried in Chrome and Edge and have double checked my global browser settings to ensure that spell check is enabled, but I'm still not getting it to work.

Spellcheck is a feature of StoryMaps, correct? I feel like it worked on the last one I made, but now I'm doubting my memory.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yesterday ArcGIS StoryMaps deployed an update and spellcheck should be working again in most browsers.

Please note that spellcheck works differently in different browsers, so the experience may not be similar. For example, on some browsers you may only see spelling error indicators in a paragraph after you click to place the cursor there. In other browsers you might not see indicators until the cursor leaves a text block.

Please let us know if there are specific spellcheck issues that you run into.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into this, but we're not sure what the issue is just yet. Spellcheck seems to be working on some computers but not others. We'll need to do some more investigation and will post here when we have more information.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just in case this is helpful information for the developers, I have noticed that although spell check does not work on my main Story Map, it does work when entering attributions or alt text.

WingCheung1
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue with the spell checker in all of my storymaps, and wonder if there is any updates on this. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update @OwenGeo . I thought I was losing it for a second there. Looking forward to a future fix.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry for the delay. Spellcheck should be returning in October. 

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yesterday ArcGIS StoryMaps deployed an update and spellcheck should be working again in most browsers.

Please note that spellcheck works differently in different browsers, so the experience may not be similar. For example, on some browsers you may only see spelling error indicators in a paragraph after you click to place the cursor there. In other browsers you might not see indicators until the cursor leaves a text block.

Please let us know if there are specific spellcheck issues that you run into.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos