Select to view content in your preferred language

Slideshow layout not available

Jump to solution
08-11-2022 04:42 AM
arahman_mdmajid
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to add the slideshow layout in my story map but the layout is not available.

Layout slideshow not included.PNG

As you can see, only the floating and docked panels are available. I started the story map from scratch.

I was watching the ESRI UC's intro to story maps and its shows all three layouts, as seen below

New slideshow selection.png

Is there a specific type/template that include the slideshow layout? 

Abdur Rahman
GIS Developer
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@arahman_mdmajid -- I would guess that you are using ArcGIS StoryMaps on ArcGIS Enterprise. Is that correct? You can review this table in our documentation to see which features are available in Online compared to each version of Enterprise.

ArcGIS StoryMaps on ArcGIS Enterprise feature comparison—ArcGIS StoryMaps | Documentation

The migration of slideshow to a layout of sidecar is currently only available in the ArcGIS Online version of ArcGIS StoryMaps and won't be available until the 11.1 version of ArcGIS Enterprise.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@arahman_mdmajid -- I would guess that you are using ArcGIS StoryMaps on ArcGIS Enterprise. Is that correct? You can review this table in our documentation to see which features are available in Online compared to each version of Enterprise.

ArcGIS StoryMaps on ArcGIS Enterprise feature comparison—ArcGIS StoryMaps | Documentation

The migration of slideshow to a layout of sidecar is currently only available in the ArcGIS Online version of ArcGIS StoryMaps and won't be available until the 11.1 version of ArcGIS Enterprise.

Owen Evans
arahman_mdmajid
Occasional Contributor

@OwenGeoYes, you are right. We are using ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.9, which doesn't have this feature.

As I saw in the comparison charts (ArcGIS StoryMaps on ArcGIS Enterprise feature comparison), our version doesn't have the slideshow layout. We'll have to upgrade to the newer version to utilize it, which doesn't seem like anytime soon since we just upgraded to 10.9.1.

Do you recommend any workaround for it? May some manual customization after the Storymaps are deployed.

Abdur Rahman
GIS Developer
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry, there is no way to manually customize your portal to obtain this feature on your current version.

Owen Evans