Sharing Settings

11-13-2019 12:17 PM
LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working on a story map that I would prefer not be available to everyone in my organization at the time.  Is there any way that I can do that or are the only options for publishing "everyone" and "organization"?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Leif -- Those are the only options right now, but we're working on adding more publishing and sharing options for a release coming up in the beginning of next year.

What additional sharing workflows are you looking for so we can be sure to consider them in our work?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
ShanaCrosson2
New Contributor III

I work at a university. We work with faculty who assign Story Map projects to students. We are looking for the ability to share Story Maps (viewing and editing) with a specific group, like a group of students or a class. The ability to share with one or two individuals would also work, although we've accomplished that in the past through groups. That does mean those of us who work with classes end up in hundreds of groups.

Thanks!

LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the response Owen.  I've realized that I don't have to share the web maps in the story when I share the story map, which should suffice for now. The sharing situation I have though. is that there are people I work with that don't want their data available/visible to everyone in the organization.  It contains very sensitive locational information and the story map that I'm creating for them would be for a very select audience.  I realize this is a bit of an unusual application for story maps, but the ability to package everything together is really useful.  

Thanks,

Leif

MegHoole
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Owen - our organization uses custom roles and does not provide the privie "share to org" to most roles.  We need a publishing workflow that allows our users to publish/share at the group level.  Can you let us know how long this might take to implement?  please and thanks.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Meg and others -- We're looking to get group sharing into the new ArcGIS StoryMaps in Q1 of next year.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps