Replacing Layers as you Scroll

Jump to solution
05-12-2021 12:47 PM
BriannaForcier1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm hoping to replicate the way the maps change layers as you scroll through this website: https://www.patagonia.com/films/public-trust/

I'm looking for any advice on a workflow to best accomplish this style.

Thanks,

Brianna

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gis_rosie
New Contributor III

Hi Brianna! I haven't tested this myself, but I'm pretty sure you can recreate this by adding the same map to several different slides in a Sidecar on StoryMaps, and then changing the layer visibility on each one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gis_rosie
New Contributor III

Hi Brianna! I haven't tested this myself, but I'm pretty sure you can recreate this by adding the same map to several different slides in a Sidecar on StoryMaps, and then changing the layer visibility on each one.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep! @gis_rosie is absolutely correct! You can do this with live maps or by using map screenshots.

Here's an article that has some more information about this technique that we call "map choreography."

Choreograph your maps with ArcGIS StoryMaps (esri.com)

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
BriannaForcier1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the help! I've achieved that desired effect. However, now, when I'm going between each Slide the extents and map layers don't always stick and I'm not sure why. They seem to get overridden by a different Slide. Any insight?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@BriannaForcier1 -- Could you share some screenshots and/or more information about what you're trying to do? I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos