Reordering content?

Jump to solution
07-09-2019 02:17 PM
JohnStowell
New Contributor III

Hi, is it possible to reorder content blocks in the new StoryMaps builder?

I see that it's possible with a sidecar, but what about changing the order of paragraphs, images, etc?

Cheers,

John

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi John — We’re working on a nice experience for reordering text and media blocks for an upcoming release.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John Stowell‌ and Kate Waterhouse‌,

In our August update to the new StoryMaps, we've added the ability to reorder any media block (maps, images, videos and embeds) in your story. This experience will only get better and we'd happy to know your feedback on it.

Thanks,

Aravind

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Andy -- Thanks for the feedback. We are currently working on adding the ability to drag and drop immersive blocks and plan to have it available in May/June.

Owen Evans

8 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi John — We’re working on a nice experience for reordering text and media blocks for an upcoming release.

Owen Evans
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really hope this comes soon! So much pre-planning involved to produce something with the inability to re-order, and it prevents the ability to go back and add in further content in a new block if needed within the story. 

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Kate -- We're working on it! 🙂

While you can't yet reorder content, there shouldn't be any trouble adding new blocks within the story. Just hover over any text or media block and click the + button that appears to the left. Then choose the type of block you want to insert at that point in the story.

Owen Evans
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John Stowell‌ and Kate Waterhouse‌,

In our August update to the new StoryMaps, we've added the ability to reorder any media block (maps, images, videos and embeds) in your story. This experience will only get better and we'd happy to know your feedback on it.

Thanks,

Aravind

LeifJohnson3
Occasional Contributor II

I'm finding that when I try to reorder an image that is in float orientation it reverts back to "small" and moves it away from where I tried to reorder it to.  It seems to jump to a previous section in the story map, away from where I dragged it to.

0 Kudos
AndySiegel
New Contributor III

Is StoryMaps team going to add functionality to re-order other content blocks, such as Sidecar, Slideshow and Guided Tour? Really frustrating not being able to move these content blocks around, like the other media...

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Andy -- Thanks for the feedback. We are currently working on adding the ability to drag and drop immersive blocks and plan to have it available in May/June.

Owen Evans
AndySiegel
New Contributor III

I appreciate the quick response and looking forward to the update. Thanks for all the work you guys are doing!

0 Kudos