QR Code in StoryMaps

11-18-2021 12:42 AM
InformationResources1
New Contributor III

Is it possible to generate QR codes for individual stops on a self-guided tour in SoryMaps please? That is, rather than generating a single QR Code for the whole story map, different QR codes would be generated to cover a specific point in a guided tour. 

5 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I would say yes.  If I set this up I would generate the QR codes for each location, save the images for each and then embed them in the Story Map where needed.  There could also be a way to attached the QR codes as attachments to a feature service if done properly.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
frederiquetruchon
New Contributor

Hi,

I would also like to know if this feature is available. I would like to add physical QR codes in situ so that visitors can scan them to get to the relevant point in a StoryMap Map Tour. To do so, I imagine we would need access to an url for each individual point. Is that possible?

Thanks

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes,

Just use create the QR codes individually for the URLs you want to point to and embed the QR code images into the StoryMap Tour.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
InformationResources1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your help and immediate support.

However, I still cannot understand how I can actually create individual QR Codes for each point in a specific StoryMap. For instance, in the screenshot below, which is taken from a StoryMap illustrating protected sites, how can I generate the QR Code for this specific point (number 5)? 

InformationResources1_0-1637819702622.png

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Good Morning,

For instance, you would find the link that you want to provide for the QR code.  If is a location... Google it and then copy the URL that returns with your Google map search.  If its a website, then do the same.  After getting the URL, go to a free site to generate QR codes like this one:  https://www.qr-code-generator.com/free-generator/?ut_source=google_c&ut_medium=cpc&ut_campaign=en_to... 

Then use the URL you have chosen to create the QR code.  Once you get the QR code image, you can use it to embed into your story map.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos