Problem with embedding ArcGIS web app maps

Jump to solution
10-22-2020 09:24 AM
ThamesEstuary_Partnership
New Contributor

When I try to embed an ArcGIS web map app in the the storymap sidecar, the look is very different from the standalone version - see attachments. Is there a way around this?

Embedded

Standalone

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- Most ArcGIS apps are responsive, which means they are designed to look good and work well at a variety of screen sizes. This sometimes means that the layout of controls is different at different screen sizes. I'm not sure what app you are using, but my guess is that between the full-window size and the size of the frame in the sidecar media panel in your story there is a breakpoint and that app has some layout changes.

You can try to verify this by opening the app in a browser tab and dragging the edge of the browser window to resize it to a smaller size. My guess is that you'll see the same layout changes.

There is nothing you can do about this unless that app supports forcing a particular layout via URL parameter or other configuration setting; however, I'd say you don't want to override this since that might make the app look or work poorly on smaller screen sizes when embedded in your story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- Most ArcGIS apps are responsive, which means they are designed to look good and work well at a variety of screen sizes. This sometimes means that the layout of controls is different at different screen sizes. I'm not sure what app you are using, but my guess is that between the full-window size and the size of the frame in the sidecar media panel in your story there is a breakpoint and that app has some layout changes.

You can try to verify this by opening the app in a browser tab and dragging the edge of the browser window to resize it to a smaller size. My guess is that you'll see the same layout changes.

There is nothing you can do about this unless that app supports forcing a particular layout via URL parameter or other configuration setting; however, I'd say you don't want to override this since that might make the app look or work poorly on smaller screen sizes when embedded in your story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos