Photos not loading

05-07-2022 05:53 AM
CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III

For that last several days I have had trouble with photos not loading. The collection of stories has been up for nearly a year and this is the first time I have noticed any issues. Some of the photos on a page are fine; others appear but do not resolve to sharpness. https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/c7bc45c5167f4bdea00de954189fdb92

Thanks for the help!

Catherine

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Thiru_P
Occasional Contributor

I have checked the Story Maps on a PC with reliable internet connection and the photos load fine for me. 

CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III
Thank you for looking into this, Owen. But now there is an even more serious issue. Please help!!!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CatherineCarter1 -- Oh no - what is the issue?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III

Did you not see the screenshot I sent? Here it is again.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 7.25.34 AM.png

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry, as you can see above there was no screenshot in your earlier message, but I see the one you've provided now.

I can still see your collection and all the stories within it just fine. I'm not sure why you are getting that message. Can you try restarting your browser and/or clearing your browser cache?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I also opened the story on my laptop (wifi) and phone (slower non-wifi connection) and didn't see any images that failed to load. Are you still experiencing this issue?

I wonder if, since this is your story that you have visited before, your browser cache might be causing this. Can you try opening the site in a private browsing window or clearing your browser cache and see if you still see the issue?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III

So   I restarted my computer and things seem to be ok now.

Thanks for looking at it.

Catherine

0 Kudos
CatherineCarter1
New Contributor III

Hi again .. I seem to still have trouble with some images not loading. I have restarted everything and tried two different computers. I have cleared the cache. I have attached a screen shot of the issue. It seems like whenever i have a group of images, one of them doesn't load. Would you look again and see what might be happening?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CatherineCarter1 -- I took another look and don't see anything wrong with the story, and others have reported on this thread that it appears to be working as expected for them, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

We have some general image loading optimizations we're rolling out in our May 18th update. It's possible if there's a minor, localized issue with your browser, computer, or network those optimizations might help, but from what we can tell the story is already functioning as expected. Be sure your browser is up-to-date

If the issue persists, please contact Esri Support and they will work with you to try to isolate the specific issue you are having.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos