Map Tour: Map not Visible in Public View

Jump to solution
02-16-2022 11:38 PM
KatelynnBaerg
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am currently working on a storymap and attempting to use the map tour function. I am able to create the map with the points I want to showcase with images, and I am able to see the map in the background as I scroll through the guided tour when I am viewing the storymap when I am signed into my account. However, when I try to view the storymap as it is shown to the public, the map does not show up in the map tour. All of the points and the photos are visible, but the map is not visible in the background. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
IslamOsama
New Contributor

We are currently working in a production environment running on version 10.9.1, and we're experiencing the same issue. Unfortunately, we're unable to upgrade to a new version at the moment. What solution can we explore !!

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Regular Contributor

Hi @IslamOsama 

We ended up creating a few web maps with different basemaps and setting them to Public. They have no layers, just basemaps in them. Then we switched the map tour map to reference that web map for the base map, this seemed to work for us as a workaround. Hope that helps, good luck!