Linking within a Story Map

Jump to solution
10-30-2020 01:37 PM
DustinSchiffer
New Contributor

Hello,

This functionality was available in the older version of StoryMaps, but I can't seem to find it in StoryMaps' current iteration. I am working with a StoryMap with multiple pages and maps, and would like to have the first page used as a Table of Contents that allows for the user to just click a link and have it navigate to the corresponding page. 

Is there anything like this currently, and if not, is there any intention on bringing back this functionality?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @DustinSchiffer -- Have you tried the story navigation feature in ArcGIS StoryMaps? This will let you add a navbar to the top of the story that can contain up to 30 links to headings in your story.

Check out this blog post and this video below for more on story navigation.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @DustinSchiffer -- Have you tried the story navigation feature in ArcGIS StoryMaps? This will let you add a navbar to the top of the story that can contain up to 30 links to headings in your story.

Check out this blog post and this video below for more on story navigation.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
KennyCampbell
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I'm aware of the navbar and have incorporated it within my story, however, I need to link between sections. Is this no longer possible? Also, is there any work around to have more than 30 links on the navbar? Thanks

0 Kudos