Is anyone else experiencing flickering or browser refreshing in Storymaps

04-15-2020 05:41 AM
ShannonWhite1
New Contributor III

I have had a number of students report flickering (browser continuously reloading) while in storymaps over the past couple of days. All students are using Chrome as the Browser.   (see attached video)    When this came up in our synchronous online class meeting, I had 4 other students report similar issues but clearing the browser seemed to work for them.  We had another instructor also have a student report this issue as well. Excerpt of her email below:

So I am wrapping up part B and the deliverable worksheet, and ArcGIS is going crazy, whenever I try to open it in my browser it just flashes back and forth between "an unexpected error" and the website. I saw the note about having the latest version of chrome, and mine is updated. Not sure what else could be going wrong, any ideas?

I also believe all were entering from ArcGIS Storymaps website not from withing ArcGIS Online --> Content.

The immediate solution was to have the student in this video clear her cache. It seemed like a fix, but feel like someone on the ArcGIS StoryMaps team might want to check into this in bug reports.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Shannon - we're looking into this. Thanks for reporting it. I'm glad you have a workaround to share with students if you see it again.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos