Select to view content in your preferred language

Embedded web application from another organization in my story map

07-28-2023 01:44 PM
Labels (1)
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I have a lot of AGOL content that I'm featuring in a story map, but some of what I want to include is coming from outside my organization.  My choices when embedding a map are "My Content", "My Favorites" ,"My Groups" "My Organization" and "Living Atlas".   The best way of including another org's content is not obvious to me.  I've tried adding that content as a Favorite in my org, but that isn't making it an option when I go to embed. 

I have been choosing the option </>Embed under media, and plugging in the URL of the other site.  This works, but in use, it's adding a block instructing "Click anywhere to interact" which isn't appearing on any of the applications I've referenced local to my org.  I'd prefer to have consistent prompts and behaviors for all the maps I have embedded in my story map.    What am I missing?

TracySchloss_0-1690576903317.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @TracySchloss ,

To remove that Click anywhere to interact messaging, head into the settings on the Embed and check the "Allow readers to directly interact with the embed" box. This will turn off that "Click anywhere to interact" message.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 10.20.13 AM.png

If you do not see this checkbox, your Portal for ArcGIS organization may be at an older version of ArcGIS Enterprise, that does not have this setting. 

Another option for getting this content from another organization, if you have a working relationship with them, would be to utilize a collaboration with a partnered collaboration, which makes sharing content through groups outside of your organization much easier. Here's a bit more information on setting up partnered collaborations: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/create-partnered-collaboration.htm

--Abby

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Your instructions specifically mention Portal for ArcGIS, and my scenario is a AGOL story map.  I don't find this in AGOL story maps.

I don't think I have a collaboration with this org, but I might be able to set up one. 

0 Kudos