Select to view content in your preferred language

Attached images not appearing in story map, not allowing me to publish

07-31-2023 09:20 AM
Labels (2)
Ryan_Norton_Foxborough
Emerging Contributor

I have created a hosted feature layer from a geodatabase with a single feature class that I created on my desktop and uploaded to ArcGIS Online. I was able to create an Explorer Map using this feature class and publish it, however when I clicked "Enable Attachments" and attached the images to each point, the images do not appear in the story map and when I go to publish it, I receive a "Sorry, there was a problem publishing your story map" error. I've tried a bunch of things such as deleting the story map and re-creating it, attaching the same image twice each point (I heard that one is used as the thumbnail and one as the media image). These images do appear in the popup when I put this layer into a web map or map on ArcGIS Pro.

1 Reply
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

HI @Ryan_Norton_Foxborough ,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. I have a couple of questions to help narrow down the behavior further:

Are you seeing this behavior with the Guided map tour layout? I'm also curious if you are seeing this when using referenced data instead of hosted, if you've got a registered geodatabase to test with?

I would recommend starting with these questions and reaching out to Esri Technical Support to complete some troubleshooting with their team.

0 Kudos