Does the storymap supports Arabic/Hebrew languages? If not, how can I overcome writing from left to right?

Jump to solution
07-31-2020 09:05 AM
RashedAl-Sa_ed
New Contributor

Does the storymap supports Arabic/Hebrew languages? If not, how can I overcome writing from left to right? Paragraph text direction from let to right?

Does storymap supports Arabic language? If not, how can I keep the flow text from the right to the left direction?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rashed -- Yes, absolutely! ArcGIS StoryMaps supports the 30+ languages that ArcGIS Online supports.

The story builder will convert to Arabic if your ArcGIS profile language is set to Arabic. You can also force it to show Arabic by adding ?locale=ar to the URL, but that should be only for testing purposes. If you are writing a story in Arabic, I would recommend updating your profile language in ArcGIS and then return to the story builder.

After trying this, please let us know if you are running into any issues writing stories in Arabic.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rashed -- Yes, absolutely! ArcGIS StoryMaps supports the 30+ languages that ArcGIS Online supports.

The story builder will convert to Arabic if your ArcGIS profile language is set to Arabic. You can also force it to show Arabic by adding ?locale=ar to the URL, but that should be only for testing purposes. If you are writing a story in Arabic, I would recommend updating your profile language in ArcGIS and then return to the story builder.

After trying this, please let us know if you are running into any issues writing stories in Arabic.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos