Data-driven Map Tour - jumping to different point

Jump to solution
10-15-2021 08:01 AM
GISAdmin34
New Contributor II

Hi all, within my data-driven map tour (explorer view), I have an issue whereby upon loading the StoryMap, for the first map pin (or tour stop name) that I click on, it briefly zooms to the pin I selected but then it pans to the first map pin on the tour and shows that pin's name/description rather than the one I clicked on.  If I then click a different pin, it pans to the correct one.  And thereafter, it operates correctly for every pin/tour stop name clicked on, it's just the first pin clicked on once the StoryMap has loaded up.  Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, did you find a solution?  Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@GISAdmin34 -- This should be addressed as of the Nov 3 update. If you can still observe this issue, please let us know.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@GISAdmin34 -- I'm not sure we've seen this issue before. Would you be able to share a short GIF or video of this behavior so we can see exactly what's going on?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
GISAdmin34
New Contributor II

Hi Owen, thanks for your swift reply.  I've attached a short video showing the issue.  Also worth noting I've experienced this issue in more than one StoryMap although I think they were working fine at first.

Thanks

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@GISAdmin34 -- This should be addressed as of the Nov 3 update. If you can still observe this issue, please let us know.

Owen Evans
GISAdmin34
New Contributor II

Many thanks for your help @OwenGeo , the issue has been resolved, much appreciated!