Select to view content in your preferred language

Customizing my Legend

02-17-2023 08:16 AM
Labels (3)
RyanMarkwart
New Contributor

I'm currently on the free version of ArcGIS Story Maps. I'm wondering how to edit/customize the 'legend' on one of my maps. I've attached a video below showing what I've accomplished so far. A fiverr consultant said I should use Experience Builder to be able to do this. I want the user to be able to sort the events in the legend by: date/time or location.

VIDEO HERE

Would Experience Builder allow me to customize my legend?
&
Would the purchase of the Personal Package be good enough to do this?

Ryan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello @RyanMarkwart ,

Customizing a maps legend to allow the user to change the filtering of the data on-demand would be best suited for an embedded Web AppBuilder, Instant App, or Experience Builder application. These applications are included with most ArcGIS organization accounts, and sometimes license to these apps need to be assigned by your organization's administrator.

The ability to embed an application is easy, you just use the Embed feature in StoryMaps, and paste in the link to that application. However, you will need to have access to an ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS account that gives you access to one of these other applications that you can create externally, and embed into your story.

Here is some documentation on filtering and sorting with Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder (and a tutorial for getting started).

Let me know if you have further questions.

Abby

0 Kudos
RyanMarkwart
New Contributor

Hi Abby, 

I appreciate your help thus far. So I'm am not part of an organization, I am an independent trying to create a website.  

RyanMarkwart_1-1677123879701.png

The attached picture shows 3 different options of annual packages I can purchase. Do any of these have "experience builder" in it? 

Thank you, 

Ryan

0 Kudos
RyanMarkwart
New Contributor
0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanMarkwart ,

Based on this description of the Personal Use license, I don't think Experience Builder is included. However, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Service to confirm there is no package that also includes the application. 

Let me know if you're able to receive more details from Customer Service!

Abby

0 Kudos