Collection thumbnails

Jump to solution
02-16-2022 04:45 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

Are there any recommendations or guidance for the image width / height / resolution for the thumbnails used in a Collection?

I had a look but couldn't find anything, and I'm struggling to get them looking good!

Thanks, 

Helen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

In grid layout the thumbnails are about 225x170px, which is about a 1.32 aspect ratio.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @HelenCooper! -- Sorry you're having issues getting your collection thumbnails like you want them. Could you share more information and maybe a screenshot to help us understand what isn't working about what you're currently doing? What look are you going for with your thumbnails? Which collection layout are you using?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @OwenGeo , thanks for replying! 

I'm using the grid layout, and my images seem to end up looking fuzzy.    I played around with the ones here https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/d862a503b68643ce89ba586729ebe3b2 for some time before they worked ok, and now I have the issue with another collection (that's not yet shared publicly, but there's a screen shot below).  I just wondered if there was any guidance on the best ratios to use as I think they're not quite square? 

HelenCooper_0-1645023942842.png

Many thanks, 

Helen

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

In grid layout the thumbnails are about 225x170px, which is about a 1.32 aspect ratio.

Owen Evans