Chrome Web Maps

08-20-2020 06:20 AM
JoshuaSams
New Contributor II

While using Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.135) I'm having issues loading web maps into story maps and dashboards.

Though i can load the web map without any issues to edit it. Seems I'm only having issues when loading it into other apps. 

When I use the legacy Edge, these elements work fine, I would use this exclusively however this browser has other issues working with AGOL.

Wondering if this is an issue with the chrome version we use, which leads to other issues when we publish story maps for our organization. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Joshua -- Chrome is a supported browser. I'm using Chrome v84 as well and generally am not seeing issues loading web maps in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

However, there are some layer types that are not supported in ArcGIS StoryMaps and the latest Dashboard beta because those apps use the latest 4.x version of Esri's JavaScript API. 

Can you please provide more information about what specifically what types of layers are not working for you? If you can also share a link to your web map (and also make sure it's shared with Everyone), that would be ideal so we can see the issue and help troubleshoot.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JoshuaSams
New Contributor II

ArcGIS StoryMaps 

just some basic features we made in AGOL and a Basemap.

and the JHU COVID data. attached is a snip of what we get for the dashboard. Seems like everything except the map elements load and work just fine. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmm, I'm seeing the maps just fine. Can you check to see if you have WebGL enabled in your browser (or use another browser that has WebGL enabled)? WebGL is a requirement for ArcGIS StoryMaps.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos