Can't add map to Story Map

01-23-2021 01:35 AM
Thorsten_Kahlert
New Contributor II

I am working on a small story map and wan't to add a simple webmap. It consists of a base layer and two polygon feature classes with 2 and 3 individual features. Nothing fancy at all and it works just fine when I open it in the web editor. When I try to load the web map into the story map, however, it is stuck on loading. It was working just fine yesterday and I had it successfully running in the story map. But today I got a blank element and experienced the above when trying to re-add it.

Does anybody have any idea how to resolve the issue?

15 Replies
JonathanBarnsley
New Contributor II

Good to hear - thanks for following up!

0 Kudos
JonathanBarnsley
New Contributor II

Hi there @Thorsten_Kahlert , I am curious to know if this issue addressed and what the cause might have been?

I am running into what I assume is a limit on maps/layers/size in a given StoryMap (although no error message provided - just closing of the add map window returning to previous slide with map). The map(s) I am using have numerous layers so may be different to your problem.

ChelseaDel_Grande
New Contributor II

This seems to be an issue for me. I'm using the same map and toggling off layer but the sidecar fails and can't load maps. I've tried removing up until 5 maps, but still have issues loading. I've cleared my cache. I've recreated the storymap three times now and keep getting the same issue. Is there a max amount of maps you can add to a storymap?

0 Kudos
JonathanBarnsley
New Contributor II

It's been awhile since I was working on this project, but in the end my issue was mitigated by frequent clearing of my cache (using a site-specific keyboard shortcut made it easy). Didn't get to the bottom of the cause unfortunately. Best of luck!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Same question was added to this thread, so please see there for a reply.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
ChelseaDel_Grande
New Contributor II

@JonathanBarnsley thanks for the response! I ended up removing the sidecar for my sanity ha.