Bullet Points

Jump to solution
03-22-2022 12:30 PM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello, I am using the new presentation beta feature in Story Maps. Is there a way to add text as bullet points in the slide?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe you're referring to the slideshow block, is that right? If so, there are limited text formatting capabilities inside slideshow narrative panels at this time. You can use bold, italic, color, links, and super/subscript but can't convert blocks to other types like headings, lists, or quotes.

If you need more formatting options for text, you can get a similar look with a sidecar floating panel layout, and sidecar narrative panels support different text block types.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe you're referring to the slideshow block, is that right? If so, there are limited text formatting capabilities inside slideshow narrative panels at this time. You can use bold, italic, color, links, and super/subscript but can't convert blocks to other types like headings, lists, or quotes.

If you need more formatting options for text, you can get a similar look with a sidecar floating panel layout, and sidecar narrative panels support different text block types.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

How about using an HTML special character in your text and manually adding an empty line between your text blocks to mimic bullet points?

There is a bullet point character but maybe the diamond might be more visible in practice.

0 Kudos