Select to view content in your preferred language

Briefings - embedding into webpage

Jump to solution
07-16-2024 07:03 AM
ChristopherStyche
New Contributor

Hi, 

We have been creating briefings and embedding them onto relevant pages of our website for months now yet recently noticed that they have all become static just showing the front cover slide (eg. the navigation drop down panel and slide forward/back options normally present in top left have disappeared). 

We've just been using the standard html embed option.

Can anyone offer any assistance as to what has happened or how to resolve? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ChristopherStyche @KatePardoe -- When embedded, briefings can be navigated using the keyboard arrow keys when focus is inside the iframe. If you would like the full header to show while embedded you can add "?header=true" (or just "?header") to the end of the URL.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KatePardoe
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm a developer working with Christopher - just to add some further information to this issue, the entire header element is completely missing when we view the StoryMap via an iframe.

When the URL is viewed directly in the browser, I can see this element:

KatePardoe_0-1721920492846.png

However, when I look at what is rendered within the same URL via the iframe, this header element is completely missing, and it goes straight from the storymaps-root element to the main element:

KatePardoe_1-1721920554635.png

We have noticed that when the iframe is made significantly smaller (once it goes under 700px in width) the footer element does appear, and we could then use the footer navigation. However, we want the iframes to be the full width of the grid used in the website, which is more like 1200px. The header navigation element just doesn't seem to be activated at all from within the iframe.

I hope this additional information helps!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@ChristopherStyche @KatePardoe -- When embedded, briefings can be navigated using the keyboard arrow keys when focus is inside the iframe. If you would like the full header to show while embedded you can add "?header=true" (or just "?header") to the end of the URL.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps