Add Last Edit Date to Map Tour

Jump to solution
06-29-2023 11:10 AM
Labels (3)
MikeSimmons
New Contributor II

Hello there,

I created a Map Tour from an existing feature class, and I'm limited to displaying only two fields in the StoryMap side car.  I really need to show the Last Edit Date of the feature class data, but I can't afford to lose those two fields by selecting that as one of my display fields in the side car.

Here's my scenario.  For the tour, I am displaying the fields "Title" and "Description."  Is there a script that I could add to the data that would enter the last edit date, or some other work around that someone has figured out to get the last edit date of the data to display?  For example, ideally I could have Title #1 diplay as "Title #1 (last updated {EditDate})."

I am NOT looking for the last update of the StoryMap, but the data contained in the story.

Thanks for any help!

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MikeSimmons -- You can include as many fields as you like in your tour description! We are working on a blog post with more detail on how to do this, but for now, here's the short version...

1. Go to the item page for your feature layer
  2. Go to the Data tab
  3. Add a new field to your feature layer (via the menu at the top right of the table)
  4. Click the heading of the new field and choose Calculate
  5. Use Arcade to create a composite description field using the CONCATENATE function.

You can use HTML elements to create paragraphs, format text, etc. to lay out and format your description however you want. You can also use field codes to insert values from other fields in your layer (e.g., last edited date).

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MikeSimmons -- You can include as many fields as you like in your tour description! We are working on a blog post with more detail on how to do this, but for now, here's the short version...

1. Go to the item page for your feature layer
  2. Go to the Data tab
  3. Add a new field to your feature layer (via the menu at the top right of the table)
  4. Click the heading of the new field and choose Calculate
  5. Use Arcade to create a composite description field using the CONCATENATE function.

You can use HTML elements to create paragraphs, format text, etc. to lay out and format your description however you want. You can also use field codes to insert values from other fields in your layer (e.g., last edited date).

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos