Story Map text alignment

08-05-2021 07:01 AM
Labels (1)
ArianaToth
New Contributor III

It would be really helpful to be able to choose how my text is aligned in the new Story Maps. Right now, all content block text is automatically aligned to the left, with no option to center text or align it to the right. 

I know that centering is an option for Quote blocks, but that changes the formatting of my text to match the title text, not paragraph text, so it looks out of place. This is not a good enough work around.

4 Comments
PCFML
by

I just wanted to add our own feedback and strengthen this request for the storymaps platform. 

We are creating a story map, and would like to see the following basic functionality added.

• Make it possible to have a central layout for header text on the hero image. Currently, it only allows you to place the header text in the top or bottom of the image.
  • Central layout for headings and subheadings in story maps? (Only left aligned seems possible)
  • Central layout for buttons?

The story maps editor is such a powerful tool – I would imagine these simple alignment/layout options are inevitably required to become a part of the feature set.

Thanks for your help and kind regards,

Dane

OwenGeo

Text alignment was added for paragraphs and large paragraphs in March 2022. For more information, see What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (March 2022) (esri.com).

Will leave this idea open since alignment was also requested for other text blocks like buttons and headings.

OwenGeo
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Implemented

The ability to align headings in the story builder has been added, so all pure text blocks can now be aligned. 

Release notes—ArcGIS StoryMaps | Documentation