Select to view content in your preferred language

Literature Cited section

03-26-2022 11:06 PM
Labels (1)
EricHein
Emerging Contributor

It would be beneficial to include an easily-formatted section to include Literature Cited.  Currently, the "Credits" section can  be used for this purpose, but it always takes a bit of playing around with bold, indentations, and color to get it looking correct.  See: Unguarded and Unsafe: Death by Underride 

Thanks!

3 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@EricHein - Thanks for sharing this idea. Could you describe more about what you're looking for in terms of easily-formatted and share a bit more about your formatting requirements?

I checked out the story you shared and would suggest that if you need to include complete citations it might be better to use the credits description section (rather than the individual credits entries) for your citations. The credits description is a much wider section that's more appropriate for verbose text whereas the credits entries work best if you have a more compact credit format, like this...

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 7.45.22 AM.jpg

Using the credits description in your story would look something like the screenshot below (I just copied a few of your citations as an example).

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 7.40.21 AM.jpg

If you prefer, you could use SHIFT+ENTER to create single-spaced lines between each citation if you want a more compact look.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 7.43.21 AM.jpg

EricHein

@OwenGeo Outstanding!  Yes, that is exactly what I needed to cleanly cut/paste Literature Cited from a Word document into a Story Map.  I appreciate the solution to use the credit description section.  

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Already Offered