Select to view content in your preferred language

Image: Update Image vs. Replace needs a prompt asking keep or replace Credit Attribution/Alt text

12-14-2023 11:25 AM
Labels (1)
LRSmith
New Contributor III

Please consider adding a prompt or alert asking to either keep or update credits and attributions. 

Maybe add a succession of "steps" to the Image options 1) Link/Upload  2) "Next" button, to: Image Options Display, 3) "Next" button, to: Properties (existing text remains) Save. 

Remove option deletes image and text. 

Many times, I'm adjusting the shape or size of the same image in another program and need to upload an updated version, it totally wipes out this text forcing me to rewrite or I’ve learned to keep a text document to copy and paste those items back in...

Of course, I realize it's best to input alt text/credits at the "end"or sometimes I think I've got it this time, its final, but it's still not quite right, or needs to be changed upon multiple reviews.

(Note I am posting multiple single subject ideas as suggested based on my experience in working in this application 🙂

Tags (1)
1 Comment
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thank you for this feedback. I agree this workflow could be improved. We have discussed this, but haven't prioritized this work for a particular release as this time.