Why Arcmap collpases after I run Reclassify?

08-12-2016 02:33 AM
MartinaTalacchia
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a problem with the Reclassify function on Arcgis 10.1.2. Each time I try to save my work right after I create a new raster with this function, ArcGis collapses. All I got is a message that Arcmap encountered an unexpected error and Windows closed straight away the program. I disabled the Background process but nothing changes. I noticed though that this happens only with a particular layer but I haven't experienced similar problems when I run the reclassify with previous rasters. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,
Martina

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

So you have narrowed the problem down to the layer.

What is it ? (ie type, size extent etc).

What happens if you move it to a new location and try again?

MartinaTalacchia
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply. It was previously a vector layer representing the land use of Naples in form of polygons. I did a bit of editing on it, I selected only some areas and eventually I added few more polygons with the Editor tool. After that I converted the vector into a raster layer with the Conversion tool "polygon to raster". The size extent is

top: 4542695,9645

right: 951322,4801

bottom: 4528535,9645

left: 932662,4801

Is there any other information I should provide you that may help to understand where is the issue?

And yes, I tried to run Reclassify of this layer on a different map but actually I got the same result. I also tried to repeat all the passages I said above from the original vector layer once again but.. nothing

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Martina... cell size, the projection the data are in and the type of raster.  was it an esri grid that you save it out to? and what type of classification scheme did you use. 

It could be anything, including the values used to go from the vector class to the raster class, the source and destination file paths.  The list is long

0 Kudos