Unusual results with Watershed geoprocessing tool

03-05-2015 07:56 AM
OskarKarlsson1
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I write here trying to found out the cause of some results I dont quite understand when using Watershed geoprocessing tool. From the starting point of that I already have a flow direction raster and a pour points feature class, I get different results if I execute the geoprocessing tool Watershed using as input the raster in GRID format and the feature class in shapefile, than If I import those same files into a File geodatabase as a raster dataset and a feature class (outside a Feature dataset, so no change in reference system). In the second case I get micro-watersheds and some of them are not created. Why could this difference be happening? The data is exactly the same, just imported into the File GeoDB. I checked out the environment settings to check is something could causing this, but I was unable to find anything that could be causing the issue. I hope someone can help me out in order to clarify this. Thank you all

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Do the GRID and GDB raster have the same pixel depth? If not, the new raster may have truncated or scaled the original values to fit the new pixel depth, moving away from the standard flow direction codes (1, 2, 4, 8, etc.). You do mention that the data are the same, so this may not be your problem.

0 Kudos
OskarKarlsson1
New Contributor

Hello Darren, thanks for your input. I have compared both rasters and they are identical. Same pixel depth (8 bit, unsigned integer), same class values (correct direction flow codes) and same count for each of this values. Also the statiscs for the raster are identical too. I have also checked out the feature classes, and the same for them, they are the same, same location points and same number.

0 Kudos