TopoToRaster takes too long in ArcGISServer. Why?

10-29-2015 03:15 AM
martinmaretta
Occasional Contributor

Hi I have code as you can see below. In ArcGIS Desktop run about 1 sec, but in ArcGISServer about 40 sec. Do anybody know where can be a problem? Thanks a lot. Martin.

pMask =  "in_memory\\oblastx"

trsPolyline =  "in_memory\\polyline"

inBoundary = TopoBoundary([pMask ])

inContours = TopoContour([[trsPolyline, 'HPlus']])

inFeatures = ([inContours,inBoundary])

rRast = TopoToRaster(inFeatures,20,pMask ,20,80,3000,"NO_ENFORCE","CONTOUR",40,0,0.5,0,"#","#","#","#","#","#")

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do you mean besides the fact that one is being run on a local machine and the other over a server? not quite clear as to why they should be the same?

0 Kudos
martinmaretta
Occasional Contributor

That piece of code is slice of my script (all script takes cca 20 sec). I published it on arcgis server and geoprecessing service run over  minute. When I change interpolation method it runs much faster. So there is no problem between local computer and server, but in TopoToRaster method. It seems like method doesn´t take EXTENT into the account.(??)

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I would see if this is indeed the case and see it if has been address in a patch

http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/patches-servicepacks/list/productid/160

if not, then you should report it to tech support to see if they can replicate it, or if it is a know issue

ADDENDUM

for issues address with 10.3.1... specifically,

http://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/1031-IssuesAddressedList.pdf

there are older versions that provide bug fix history

0 Kudos
martinmaretta
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your response. I run  TopoToRaster whit sample data on AGDesktop 10.0 (toolbox and arcpy script also) works fine and fast. Then on AGServer 10.2.2. as geoprocessing service (arcpy srcipt) run very slow.

I changed interpolation method and it works fine now (on both platform).

0 Kudos