Select to view content in your preferred language

Topo to Raster error 000000_12301899

02-21-2019 10:25 PM
IrenIren
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am having a problem when using geoprocessing tool Topo to Raster. In geoprocessing results tab I get red cross and "Topo to Ratser 000000_12301899". 

What reason may couse that error? How it can be fixed? Maybe someone knows the answer and could help to solve this...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It would be more useful to show a screengrab of your inputs showing the input filename and the outputs.  If you didn't specify a file extention of "*.tif" and that was your output filename, it would fail since the name is too long and contains a space.  Otherwise the output file may exist or a destination location can't be written too.

Clarification would be helpful

0 Kudos
IrenIren
New Contributor II

Inputs are named as for example: b6_points or b6_lines...

Output is raster dataset called "b6" and i tried to save it in severeal different directories already (desktop; folder on desktop with simple "folder" name), but still do not work. 

Output file does not exist for sure. 

My points data are quite big. Is it possible that this may be the reason? (didnt find info what is the max possible points for geoprocessing)

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

make it a tif file in a folder  ie b6.tif   tif are the preferred raster type, so make sure the destination is a folder without spaces and other non-ascii characters

if you are using arcmap you might be running out of memory since arcmap has limited use of ram, ArcGIS pro has no such restrictions

0 Kudos
IrenIren
New Contributor II

The option save as a .tif file did not work out... 
There is no possibility to use ArcGIS pro this time.

It is possible that its a memory problem, because computer is not very modern. How could I check if its a memory problem?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

For arcmap

ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.x system requirements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

and for pro

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

There is a link

Check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Pro 2.3.

Even if you aren't running Pro, that you should run.  It will provide system specs.  If it doesn't at least meet ArcGIS Pro requirements, then it will flounder in ArcMap

0 Kudos