Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial analyst license error in Student Trial

Jump to solution
02-28-2016 05:18 PM
BrianSanders1
New Contributor II

When trying to run Spatial Analyst tools in ArcGIS 10.2 Student Trial I get the error message shown below. When I check the ArcGIS Administrator, Availability folder it indicates that the extension is installed and authorized. If I use the Authorization Wizard and try to add the Spatial Analyst Extension I get the message that the extension is already installed on this machine. What else can I try to activate or aauthorize the license?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

just to check, you went to the customize menu and selected extensions and saw the spatial analyst listed, and if it was did you toggle it on?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

just to check, you went to the customize menu and selected extensions and saw the spatial analyst listed, and if it was did you toggle it on?

BrianSanders1
New Contributor II

Yes, the extension is toggled on and the menu turns on in the data view menu bar but it is not functional and greyed out

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

and you have a grid/raster in the data frame you are working with? and if you do, did you select one?

0 Kudos
BrianSanders1
New Contributor II

Re-checking your suggestions I found that I had toggled on the wrong extension; the Spatial analyst was off. The Spatial analyst toolbar was on and greyed-out. So with the extension turned on and a raster selected, as you suggested, it works with no error.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

PS  It was a good thing that I was in the lounge getting coffee... this is where you get help about GeoNet, not help on a topic.  For that, you should familiarize yourself with the GeoNet places

GeoNet Community Structure

There is a link on the main landing page should you mis the link.

And another good one to bookmark is Documentation | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Just moved this discussion to Spatial Analyst​.

0 Kudos