Select to view content in your preferred language

Scripting "Extracting Values to Points"

05-17-2016 08:50 AM
KundanDhakal
New Contributor

I have rasters for weather variables created from different interpolation methods. The interpolation was done by excluding some points for validation. I plan to extract pixel values at weather stations and compare the performance of each method.

My dataset look like

validationpoints_day1, validationpoints_day2, validationpoints_day3, validationpoints_day4, validationpoints_day5

Rasters

Interpolation Method 1: method1_day1, method1_day2, method1_day3, method1_day4, method1_day5

Interpolation  Method 2: method2_day1, method2_day2, method2_day3, method2_day4, method2_day5

Interpolation Method 3: method3_day1, method3_day2, method3_day3, method3_day4, method3_day5

I plan on using "Extract Multi Values to Points". How can I set automation using ArcPy? Any guidance is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ok, there is the following options...

Extract Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Extract Multi Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

There are script examples in the help and required data structures and inputs.

Which of the above tools meet the requirements of your desired output?

What do you have to do to get your data into the desired input structure?

It seems like you have stuff to use and identified the tool(s) that may work, so you have seen the code samples, so I am not sure if you are looking for confirmation as to the approach or you are looking for someone to examine your code?  If the former...it could work...if the latter, you should attach what you have been working with and post any error messages.