Reclassifying slope, aspect and curvature values to values between 0 and 1 based on probability density function

08-12-2018 10:19 AM
Sai_Hari_chandanaEkkirala
New Contributor

My objective is to create a landslide susceptibility map using fuzzy overlay AND. My input layers are slope, aspect, curvature, elevation. I have created these layers on SRTM 90m DEM. 

The problem is for fuzzy overlay, the values of each of these layers have to be reclassified between 0 and 1. So for example, if the values of the slope are between 0 and 90 degrees they have to be reclassified based on probability density function (Gaussian) to values between 0 and 1. Then, while performing fuzzy overlay AND, these values get multiplied with 0 or 1 binary values and the resultant output values are between 0 and 1. This is my understanding of fuzzy. 

But when I tried using fuzzy membership (Gaussian) on my slope, aspect and curvature layers and then tried fuzzy overlay AND all the values were 0.  

How do I reclassify slope, aspect and curvature values to values between 0 and 1 using probability density function to be able to perform fuzzy overlay AND?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Not sure what you are doing, but if you want values between 0 and 1, then you have to divide by the maximum

0 Kudos