Select to view content in your preferred language

raster calculator expression box missing - ArcGIS 10

Jump to solution
02-21-2012 02:58 AM
AliMuhyidin
New Contributor
Dear All,

I have used ArcGIS 10 for couple days. I have a problem with raster calculator. There is no expression box.
From help button, I know that the box suppose to be in between output raster and map expression.
Although I am able to do calculation but I could not see and review what kind formula I wrote.
Is there any way to show the expression box?

Thanks.

Best,

Masalie
12 Replies
DylanCobean
Deactivated User

I figured it out! If you lower-and-raise your screen resolution, the raster calculator expression box reappears! I went from 1920x1080 down to 1600x900 and it appeared, and when I went back to 1920x1080 it stayed there! I imagine I'll have to use this hack-solution every time I open arc, but I don't care! It worked for me!

Best Regards,
Dylan

EDIT: EVEN SIMPLER SOLUTION!! (Found by Juan Carlos Villar Calle below, see link >> ArcToolbox - Missing box - YouTube

1. Open up the raster calculator window with the missing expression box)

2. Hold down crtl + scroll your mouse wheel up until it appears! (it must be some issue with the resolution of your screen and resolution of the box... I have no idea... but it works!

3. DONE!!!

Best Regards,

Dylan

ChristopherGran
New Contributor

This actually worked for me too! Big thanks for the post!

0 Kudos
Juan_CarlosVillar_Calle
Deactivated User

Try this, I think it's just a window size problem. ArcToolbox - Missing box - YouTube

0 Kudos