NEED HELP. DEM Average slope

12-06-2011 10:32 AM
AdamBromley
New Contributor
Hey everyone I'm new to the ESRI Forum and kind of new to GIS work. I'm a forester so I try to stay away from this stuff but the need does arise now and again for ARCMap. Anyways I was wondering if anyone could help me. I just installed ARCMap 10 and I need to find an average slope using a DEM. I only need to find the Average slope for a 115 acre polygon.

So my question is; Is there a simple way to find the average slope using a DEM for a small polygon in ARCMap 10?

I would really appreciate the help and if this isn't the right forum if you could direct to the correct forum i would appreciate that as well.

thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamBromley
New Contributor
thanks for the help I guess that was eaiser than I thought
0 Kudos
ImranAli2
New Contributor
Hi,

I am modeling soil thickness by extrapolating slopes on the bedrock. I have one raster layer which has slopes on bedrock. I want to take average of those slopes on the bedrock so that exptrapolation or interpolation for soil thickness is based on the average slope of the bedrock. Now I think my model takes the slope on the one edge and finds another bedrock in the neighbourhood and calculates the soil thickness.

Any available tools to take average slope?

Imran
0 Kudos