Select to view content in your preferred language

How to get value from a Raster?

Jump to solution
11-14-2016 09:28 PM
Abdul_HameedKhorami1
New Contributor III

I have a Raster precipitation, lets say for Washington state and I have vector study area of that state. I want to get the precipitation in mm/year and the information is in my raster( precipitation)  I tried to clip my raster to my study area and now the next step is to get precipitation in mm/year in min , max or average. Can anyone help me how get that ? one way is to right click on Raster for property and there I can see the max , min and average but I am not about this.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Abdul_HameedKhorami1
New Contributor III

No I just want to get the precipitation of a state in mm/year.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

given the file path noted in the dialog... it appears that it is a lab assignment, so perhaps the seemingly large values are not implausible... but constructed ... and if it is washington state perhaps, it wouldn't surprise me that the z values were not meters but feet.  

0 Kudos
Abdul_HameedKhorami1
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That can be  constructed for an assignment perhaps to avoid the extra step of accounting for the z-factor needed to translate to feet.  The point I made is that the discussion on the plausibility of the values is moot.

Abdul_HameedKhorami1
New Contributor III

I respect you very much sir if you can you use simple English it will help learners to understand it quickly. I used google translation for " plausibility of the values is moot" and I got the point.  I am also dont get it that why one of my professor use very technical words and expressions! the point is to understand the topic and learn it. 

0 Kudos