Combine Tool Produces Output Raster with No Values

02-29-2012 12:09 PM
MerekStrand
New Contributor
I'm trying to combine four rasters, each with the same number of bands (1), resolution (8 bit), and spatial reference (NAD_1983_StatePlane_Washington_South_FIPS_4602_Feet). I used the combine tool a couple weeks ago for this process and it worked fine.

Since then I've been upgraded to 10 and have run the tool with the same inputs. The output raster is added to my table of contents with a range of values displayed but there is nothing visible in the data view and the resulting table has no values.

The combine tool works fine with just two of the inputs (any two randomly selected), but it doesn't seem to like more than that.

I've had the same issue with other spatial analyst tools combining multiple rasters, such as weighted overlay and weighted sum, where the tool runs successfully but the resulting raster has no values.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you indicate what service packs you have installed? And the format of raster you are creating?  Generally speaking, what you are describing happens when the spatial extents do not lineup.  Also indicate whether you are writing to a local location or across the network?
0 Kudos
MerekStrand
New Contributor
We have installed service packs 1-3 for ArcMap 10. I am working with integer rasters. I am writing to a file geodatabase located on a network drive.
0 Kudos
MerekStrand
New Contributor
I forgot to mention that I have also set environment values in the model properties, including the processing extent, as well as preconditions for each step, but I'm still getting the same empty raster in the end. The model successfully creates 13 rasters prior to the last step using the Combine Tool, so it seems the problem is inherent with the Combine Tool itself.
0 Kudos