Cell Statistics - Raster Calculator

11-13-2018 08:31 AM
RobLawrenson
New Contributor

Could someone please help me update this Map Algebra Expression?

min(Mod("%Euclidean_Distance_Raster%",5), %D0%+%R0%+%DA%+%RA%+%DB%+%RB%)

It was functional in 9.3 but now doesn't work in 10.6... I think I need to use Cell Statistics but I'm not sure how!

As it stands I get a 539 error - The truth value of a raster is ambiguous. Invalid use of raster with Boolean operator or function.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

rather than trying to dissect that, what you trying to accomplish?

If appears that you want the modulus of a Euclidean distance and 5, then take the minimum of that and the sum of a bunch of rasters.  But those %'y things suggest that you are trying to recover something for use in modelbuilder

0 Kudos
RobLawrenson
New Contributor

Hi Dan, basically it takes a euclidean distance raster and then using 3 distances (defined by the %D...%) applies 3 assumptions of risk (%R...%) so for example D0 may be 0 and the chance of success may be 0 (R0), at DA the chance of success may still be 0 (RA) but then at DB the chance of success is assumed to be 1 (100%) (RB). Does that make sense? From D0 to DA the cells value will be 0 but from DA to DB they will gradually increase from 0 to 1.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here's the the 10x equivalent, note in the new RC map algebra function names are tool names and are case-sensitive. The 9x map algebra functions min, max have are implemented in 10x with the Cell Statistics tool.

I am assuming you are running RC in Model Builder and everything you provided in %'s are model variables. 

CellStatistics(
    [Mod("%Euclidean_Distance_Raster%", 5), 
    %D0% + %R0% + %DA% + %RA% + %DB% + %RB%)‍‍],
    "MINIMUM", "DATA")‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Comparing Map Algebra between ArcGIS 9.x and 10—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Working with operators in Map Algebra—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop