Select to view content in your preferred language

Can´t use the Spatial Analyst Extension in the Evaluate Period

10-26-2011 06:35 AM
DosPanes
Emerging Contributor
Hi guys,

I´m currently evaluating the Arc GIS 10 version and i`m unabled to use the extensions. They are all activated under customize -> extensions. Commanding via Python also won`t work since it teels me that the tool is not licenced. Did anyone of you have a similar problem and found out how to fix it?

Greets,

Dospanes
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zeke
by
Honored Contributor
Have you actually downloaded the extensions? They're not automatically installed even though they show up in the Customize menu. In 10, Start - All Programs - ArcGIS - ArcGIS Administrator and go from there.
0 Kudos
DosPanes
Emerging Contributor
yes they are all installed. i checked unter "availability" and tehy are all installed an authorized. hummm..thats so strange.
0 Kudos
DosPanes
Emerging Contributor
ok i got it. I can`t use the tools via Python and i can`t find them in the search window (i dont know why). But i can access them searching manually in the toolbox...
0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Honored Contributor
Yes, didn't think of that. The SA toolbar has been greatly reduced between 9.3 and 10. Why, no idea.
0 Kudos
EricRice
Esri Regular Contributor
Did you import the spatial analyst module?

# Import system modules
import arcpy
from arcpy.sa import *

Did you check out the spatial analyst license?

# Check out the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension license
arcpy.CheckOutExtension("Spatial")

Regards,
Eric
0 Kudos
DosPanes
Emerging Contributor
hi eric,

yes i loaded the module and checked out the license. I actually followed the steps on: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//009z0000000s000000.htm

Since it was only one kernel operation there is no problem for now doing it via the toolbox.
thx for the advice!
0 Kudos