Calculate sum of 2334 raster layers

04-08-2011 01:15 AM
MagnusLund
New Contributor
Hello,

I have 2334 raster grids (Geodatabase raster dataset, 1 band, 16 bit signed integer) that I want to sum into one raster. These rasters all have different spatial extent. Due to the large number of grids, using Raster Calculator is not really an option.

I have tried using the Cell Statistics tool to combine these grids. I unchecked the "Ignore NoData in calculations", set the processing extent to "Union of inputs", however it doesn't seem to work. I only get the sum where grids overlap.

I have read in the forum that one can get around this problem by replacing NoData with zeros, ie by using Con( IsNull[gridname], 0, [gridname] ) in Raster Calculator. However, this will once again be a bit boring when having thousands of grids.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Best regards,
Magnus
0 Kudos
20 Replies
ChristopherStrother
New Contributor II
I am having the same problem as Sarah. Every method I have attempted results in an output raster with values of all zeroes. I think this has something to do with the 1 bit depth of the binary input rasters. Anyone have any ideas? I've been working on this for several weeks with no success!